One thing that works well to get a good backlinks is to guest post for a blogger in your niche.
So What Is Guest Posting?
Guest posting is simply writing a post in your niche for another blogger with the hopes of getting some sort of recognition it. In this case he specific recognition is a backlink to your site.
This allows you to do 2 things.
- Get a backlink from that site.
- Get traffic/sales from that site.
Guest posting isn’t rocket science, but, you need to follow a couple things to make this experience a bit easier.
- Write out a great post that you would be thrilled to put on your website. In fact, make it better than something you’d put on your website. Use my tips on writing a great blog post here.
- Go minimal on the links in your guest post. A blogger who accepts your guest post will not want it laced with link (especially not affiliate links).
- Create a simple resource profile of yourself with a naked link in it (no anchor text).
Using this above formula will help increase the chances of someone accepting your blog post.
What Happens If Someone Rejects Your Blog Post?
The world doesn’t end. Honestly.
The worst case scenario is that if no one on the entire planet wants your blog post you can use it for yourself.
Either way it’s your work and it’s most likely awesome so use it.
How To Find Guest Blogs To Post On
Easy. Just go to Google or Bing and do a search for: “your keywords” submit guest post. Here is an example.
While searching through the individual sites read how to submit your guest post and follow the rules.
If they reject your guest post, don’t worry, try another place. If they all reject you, use it yourself.
It’s important to note that for your guest blog post you should not use anchor text in your link. The best use is to simply include your naked website URL linking back to your site.
It’s also important to understand that many blogs you post at will bring you traffic from the readers as well as a backlink.
Watch Me Discuss Guest Posting Here
Important: Whatever you write for someone make sure that your guest post is of high quality, original content and that it helps the person allowing your guest post.
Action: Write 1-2 great guest blog posts and then find a site or two to share them at. If after a week or so no one seems to want your post, use it yourself and move on.